Experience report updating from Solo to Datomic Cloud 884-9095

As for this, Stu, it was great to inspect the state of the live app instead of having to reproduce such state locally before inspecting it. It was especially useful to have this capability to accelerate the development of req->ring BTW, because it was the only way to have a REPL active in the ion entry point. (Since the local dev environment doesn’t visit the ion entry point.) With that said, you could answer “Yes but you could have copied a req map in a scratch file and develop your stuff in your REPL, it’s just data transformation after all!” and you’d be right. We’re learning our RDD habits.

I’m done upgrading our stacks. It was very easy upgrading in place and everything went according to plan.

My next step is to upgrade our dev JVM from 8 to 11 for dev-prod parity purposes (I’m fighting my way through our VS Code docker-based development containers) and then I might experiment more with the blessed way of doing local development with a client connection before working to bring back the capacity to REPL into deployed apps. Thanks!