Unable to resolve entry point, make sure you have the correct version of com.datomic/client on your classpath

I’m trying to connect to a Datomic Cloud instance through Tomcat on AWS running jetty. It was working but something changed and now I am receiving the following error
Unable to resolve entry point, make sure you have the correct version of com.datomic/client on your classpath
Not sure how to debug this.

Can you provide the client configuration map that you are using for the connection?
You mention that “something changed” - did you possibly change any AWS networking or permissions/security groups settings?

Is this what you mean by client configuration:

{
   :server-type :ion
   :region "us-east-1"
   :system "xxxxxxxx"
   :endpoint "http://vpce-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.vpce-svc-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.us-east-1.vpce.amazonaws.com:8182/"
   }

The only thing I did was upload and deploy a new version that fixed a very minor bug, so doubt it was that. Actually every time this occurred was after an upload and deploy. From all my research it always seems to be pointing to a Tomcat issue, but really unsure.

Finally, I resolved the issue by not going with Tomcat, but by just serving the app using Jetty on an ELB running Java, with a Nginx reverse proxy. Now it runs without errors and I can upload and deploy without issue.

Would you like other information? Otherwise thank you so much for your response. It is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue.

It does indeed sound like Tomcat may have been the issue since you were able to resolve the problem using Jetty directly.

I didn’t resolve the issue on Tomcat in AWS, other than what I did, but I managed to reproduce the error, so writing it here in case someone else searches for it.

I managed the reproduce the error when running the application by having a compile JAR (in the target folder) and then compiling and running in debug through the IDE. This seems to create a library resolution issue in Java.

So I’m deducing that when uploading and deploying to Tomcat on AWS, it must have a cache that keeps the old jar at the same time as the new jar, and thus probably creates this resolution issue.