Java Client API?

Is there somewhere I can see the Java API for the Client model (if any)? Or how to create a Client from java? (my Peer Server is up and running)

Thanks,
Marc

On the Peer Language Support page it says that “The Java API gives Java users access to all the features of the Peer library” and that “The Clojure API is a functional projection of the Java API”.

I haven’t been able to find any mention of a Java API in the Cloud/Client documentation - is it so that the Clojure Client API is not a projection of a Java API? Or is there some business decision to not support the Client API being accessed from Java?

I hope I’m not jumping to conclusions, and that I have misunderstood something. I think I need some Java API to be able to adopt the Scala Molecule library to Client/Cloud too and hope that you can help.

Thanks,
Marc

Hi Marc,

The Java API is only available for Datomic On-Prem (Peer).

Accessing Datomic Cloud (via Clients) is only enabled through the Clojure Client API at this time.

-Marshall

Hi Marshall,

Thank you for clarifying!

If you decide to offer a Java Client API, I would be happy to make a Molecule Client adaption so that the Scala community could use this option too which I think would be cool.

Thanks,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the offer. I’ll definitely let you know if a Java Client is released.