Issue retrieving com.datomic/ion dependency from datomic-cloud maven repo

Downloading the Ion library works:

$ aws s3 cp s3://datomic-releases-1fc2183a/maven/releases/com/datomic/ion/0.9.7/ion-0.9.7.jar .
download: s3://datomic-releases-1fc2183a/maven/releases/com/datomic/ion/0.9.7/ion-0.9.7.jar to ./ion-0.9.7.jar

Looks like the bucket list permission is not set:

$ aws s3 ls s3://datomic-releases-1fc2183a/maven/releases/
An error occurred (AccessDenied) when calling the ListObjects operation: Access Denied

$ aws s3 ls s3://datomic-releases-1fc2183a/maven/releases/com/datomic/ion/0.9.7/
An error occurred (AccessDenied) when calling the ListObjects operation: Access Denied

I was able to download the Ion POM as well (using the aws s3 cp command) and installing he JAR into my local maven repo using (after renaming it to pom.xml)

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.datomic -DartifactId=ion -Dfile=ion-0.9.7.jar -DpomFile=pom.xml -DcreateChecksum=true

Unfortunately I still get the exception (see first post) when trying to start the clj REPL in the Datomic/ion-starter project, just for com.datomic:java-io:jar.

Tried the same direct-download workaround, but without luck:

$ aws s3 cp s3://datomic-releases-1fc2183a/maven/releases/com/datomic/java-io/0.1.12/java-io-0.1.12.jar .
fatal error: An error occurred (403) when calling the HeadObject operation: Forbidden